Monday, September 10, 2012
Reflections on Cleaning House
1. No matter how much I spend on a mop, I must be like Bam-Bam or something because I break the handle.
2. No matter how good the mop is, I must still get on my hands and knees and mop the base boards and all the places the mop can't reach.
3. Putting on glasses when I am cleaning house is scary. Being blind is bliss.
4. When we built this house I had six kids at home who helped. Now I am the only one here full time. Guess who cleans house now...by them self...everyday.
5. When I lived in my tiny house two houses ago, it took me 4 hours to clean the whole house once a week. Now this one is never as clean as I would like it.
6. There are six cats, one dog, that live in the house with the people. That is six cats too many. I do not own a cat. My cats belong to the kids and some of those kids are adults married with children. I also do not own a dog. The dog is my son's. But try telling all of the animals they are not mine. I need to burn the Dr. Doolittle hat.
7. I really, really need to buy a new vacuum cleaner. I wonder what would happen if I dropped the vacuum cleaner and the mop off the roof?
8. I was thinking of what would happen if I hired a house keeper? I would work harder than ever because I wouldn't want someone to come in and see this dirty house.
9. I am not Lizzie. I sweat and I get dirty and mop water runs down my legs into my shoes.
10. Why did I want a house with 4 bathrooms? Why did I want a house with all of this tile. Why on earth did I want white grout. Well, it's clean now, but mopping gives me all kinds of thoughts, next time I need to wear a head band to keep the sweat out of my eyes. Who needs a gym membership.
Just what I was thinking about when I was mopping and trying not to get mad at the mop handle.
I hope you are having a nice Monday,