Winter

Winter

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Odds and Ends

I had some odds and ends I wanted to share today. My daughter went to Disneyland this week, and she brought back a Mother's Day gift for me. I don't want you to get the wrong idea when you see it so I will give you an explanation.
When we were in wedding mode around here the year the girls got married, it was busy and full of all kinds of exciting plans and dreams. There were dresses to be bought and plans to be made and life was just so crazy.
Since  both were at our house, I was busy getting stuff ready for those days. I wasn't really paying to much attention to myself.
One day I happened to glance in the mirror at my reflection, and it dawned on me that suddenly, I was no longer the princess from all of those Disney movies but somewhere I had changed into the queen.

All of a sudden, I realized that those so called evil Queens had been misjudged. It wasn't their fault the mirror showed them someone else. All of a sudden I felt sorry for those queens who got a bad rap.

Come on you have to admit they are beautiful in a mean way. So I decided that I thought they had way more character because you know they worked hard to get to the top. Anyway, my kids thought it was so funny that they try to get me things like that so at Disneyland my daughter found this for me for Mother's Day.

 It says, "Before my morning coffee, I'm wicked." I am I think.
On the back side it is this picture.
It is a ceramic cup with a lid so I can take it with me. I thought is was so nice. My husband also brought home lovely flowers for all of the Mothers in his life. He is so sweet.

These are called Orange Star. They are from Africa. He does find the coolest looking flowers now.

I hope you have a wonderful day. We will have our first 100 degree day today. Yay Summer!!!

~Kim~

16 comments:

Kessie said...

LOLOLOL! That's the best cup ever! Happy Mother's Day!

Gail said...

What wonderful gifts!

Have a fantastic day.

Julia said...

I think that I'm wicked without my morning coffee too. Cool coffee mug.
I love those beautiful flowers Ron got you. Amazing how many new flowers I see for the first time.

I feel guilty when the kids spend their hard earned money to buy me flowers as I have so many growing outside, but I do appreciate receiving them.
I remember that they all picked dome beautiful dandelions for me when they were young for mother's Day. It was so cute.
I got a nice carnation this morning at our church, courtesy of the Knights of Columbus men. Happy Mother's Day. Hugs, JB

Kim said...

LOL. I love that mug. It's perfect!

TexWisGirl said...

loving the cup - and the explanation behind it.

happy mom's day, dear kim.

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Cute cup! I love those flowers. My husband bought me the nicest silver bangle bracelet to start me off replacing some of my lost ones. I'll probably end up wearing it all the time!
Hugs,
Courtney

Thistle Cove Farm said...

love the flowers, they are Beautiful!

Jacque. said...

You are so funny...I just adore you! As, apparently, do your children and husband. Happy Mother's Day to you!

Patrice said...

Coffee, I can skip, but I'm wicked without my sleep!

Debbie said...

HAHA....I LOVE the cup and the thought! The flower is really pretty, and so different. Only 80 here...and that seems pretty warm to me. Your right, summer here we come. Hope you are having a wonderful day with your family!

Julia said...

That is supposed to be "some "and not "dome. "
I'm glad that my kids don't read my comments on other people's blog lol..

moosecraft said...

I'm usually "Sleepy", "Grumpy" and "Dopey" without my coffee... lol! Happy Mother's Day to you! I hope you are able to keep cool today...

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

That is great...but what is more precious is the family stories that everyone enjoys together...and outsiders don't understand unless it is explained...that makes memories, and your family is very good about making memories

Beth said...

I love the cup! and what a great story to explain it. The flowers are beautiful too!

100 degrees, whoops, that is a little too hot for me although we do have a few 100 degree days in the summer in Illinois, mostly 90s though.

Beth

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Loved the mug ... especially with the story behind it. ;-) Those flowers from your hubby are unique ... and beautiful.

I like warm weather, but 100 degrees? That's just way too hot, especially for May 14th! Hope you can manage to stay cool today.

Paula said...

Perfect Mothers' Day gifts! The cup is great and the flowers lovely!