Winter

Winter

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Chats On The Farmhouse Porch

I just wanted to say thank you to Patrice for this chat. I haven't written a post since last Thursday. There might not have been one today without Patrice. I have had a house with sick people, that meant I spent time in the doctors office and at the pharmacy. There is family drama going on with terms of a will and all of it leaves me without one drop of creativity. So to have the nice questions that Patrice provides every week it really helps my mind. So onto this weeks questions:

QUESTIONS

 1.   Do you have any musical instruments in your house? If so, which ones do you have?

Oh my gosh do we have musical instruments,  I couldn't even begin to count the guitars, we have 3 pianos,3 violins, my closets have more musical instruments than anything else. We have a banjo and a mandalon and even ukulele. I have a clarinet which is the only thing that is mine. So all day long you can hear some kind of music being praticed and played.
2.    When you take a walk, what are you likely to pick or pick up from the ground?

A rock, I am always looking for neat rocks.

3.    They say to have breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper. I guess that means you have fuel for your body to get through the day and don't have a full tummy when you go to bed. Are your meals like that?

No I don't think so, Ron will fix a very nice breakfast for me, I hardly eat lunch, my favorite lunch being a thing of greek yogurt, a banana and some string cheese that I share with Sasha. I eat that because it takes about 5 minutes standing on my feet then I don't have to think about food until it is time for dinner. Then we do have a big meal between 5:30 and 6:00 with it being daylight longer we can stay outside.

4.    Do you prefer iced coffee or iced tea?

I always would choose coffee. My family really enjoys ice tea. I will have a pitcher of it all of the time. I am not a big fan of ice tea. I wish I was sometimes because it looks good, but I would rather have water, so I rarely drink it.

 5.   How do you handle doing things you'd rather not do?
You know what? Until the last few weeks I would have thought I was a person that just let things go, but with this trust and will thing that has been going on in my life for the last month I find I am compelled whether I want to or not to do the right thing. Even though it means I am attacked in ways I never dreamed was possible. 

Thanks for Patrice. It is nice to have questions to look forward too today. I hope you will all stop by for a visit with Patrice.

24 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

sorry about the family ills - and woes.

Debbie said...

i do enjoy these, i am a tea girl!!

Meg said...

I hope everyone gets better soon! Is E. really bad? Did everyone else catch it? I can't believe this will crap is still going on. I wish everyone would just grow up and leave you alone!

Beth said...

I hope things begin to get better for all of you. I enjoyed the questions and your answers.

Julia said...

So sorry your household is under attack from sickness and ill will. I know first hand that jealousy and greed can do the devil's work in a family. I'll say a prayer for a peaceful resolution to the will settlement.

I love your answers and you are so blessed that everyone can play an instrument. Some years ago I had started learning to play guitar and I lend it to my daughter and it got smashed in a break-in and I never saw it again. I started learning to play the violin but had to stop after my mastectomy as I couldn't lift my arm well enough to play so I never got back at it. l have the violin and a piano in my house.

Guess what, I pick up rocks too when I see some nice one.

Sending some peace your way. Hugs. JB

Alica said...

Thanks for sharing Kim! Sorry to hear about the "yuck" that's going on with your family...health wise and otherwise!
I hope your week improves from here on out!

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I am sorry you are going through a rough patch with family members outside of your house. Everyone has family troubles at one time or another. Try not to let it crush your lovely spirit. I'm also sorry to hear you guys have been under the weather.

Connie said...

Hi, I just found your lovely blog and I am so happy that I did. I love your photography, you have some fantastic floral shots. I personally own 4 guitars and a keyboard and my husband has an electric guitar and his father's old guitar. We love having backyard barbecue/jam sessions with friends. I am your newest follower. Please accept my warm and humble invitation to visit and hopefully to follow my blog, too. Connie :)

Kessie said...

I'm right there with you, Mom. I managed to clean house today, but I still feel kind of spacey. It's taking so stinkin' long to get well ...

Christine said...

Great, truthful answers but I definitely prefer tea!
Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Nancy said...

Well sweet girl, I hope you get some much needed rest from sick people and the troublesome kind soon.....I love that you have music going in your house all the time with all those instruments.....

Pom Pom said...

Hi Kim!
I'm so sorry that your brood has been sick. Get well soon!
Mmmmmm. I love lunch. Dinner is often a lot of work, so when I don't do dinner I feel like I've been given the gift of time.

Dog Trot Farm said...

I am sorry to read you have been nursing sick family members. The flu has been hitting our area, seems a bit strange for this time of year. Hope everyone is well soon. Hang tough. Thinking of you and your's, Julie.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Hope everything improves for you very soon.

Nellie said...

I'm hoping things will ease over for you and your family soon. It sounds like you have more than enough to handle at this time.

Patrice said...

It sounds like your family loves music as much as mine! Everyone in our house has some music talent- some more than others. So you're a rock picker upper too! Neat! I'm sorry you have that family crap. A family issue regarding a will almost killed someone in hubby's family with all the stress. Take care of yourself. I care...

Breathing In Grace said...

Wow...what a lot of musical instruments. That surely means lots of talented people in your home!!! So sorry about your sickness and woes with the will. I loved your answer about doing the right thing, though. The truth will prevail!!! HOPE you have a great rest of the week!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Sure do hope that things get better for you ... health-wise and all the family drama.

No musical instruments here ... nor any musical ability ... wish I could play something. Our big meal of the day is dinner, next biggest is lunch, and we usually don't have too much for breakfast. I really enjoy iced tea ... had I known how easy it was to switch from Diet Coke to iced tea, I would have done it years ago! ;-)

Hope you'll have a wonderful Wednesday!

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Oh once again our houses are familiar. Doing what you don't want to do has been a big discussion in our house lately...as one said, "well everyone really only does what they want to do!"...to which I said, "well I clean toilets and I never remember wanting to do that!"

Ice Tea..what can I say, I am a Texan

I hope this month is smoother for you and everyone gets well!!!
Hugs

Will and Tracy said...

My kind, creative, loving, godly sister. I too am weary of the greed and personal attacks that we have received this month. I have been so grieved that you chose the right thing and were attacked with falsehoods and evil. We must both remember that our God is the GREAT I AM. He has blessed us both richly and is guiding us by His loving Holy Spirit giving us strength and courage. We move forward with our eyes fixed on Jesus in this storm and we will not fear and we will not sink. I promise that I will try to shield you while praying that God's protection and peace surrounds you and your family. They serve and are ruled by the enemy and are therefore our enemies but we are to continue to keep God's statutes and trust in Him to help us navigate the war. I love you. I will make this go away quickly so that our lives can be peaceful again. Stand firm. I'm so thankful we are on the same side. I have been praying everyone gets well and you don't get sick.

Will and Tracy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Will and Tracy said...

I love you and I'm so sorry.

camp and cottage living said...

Kim
So sorry to hear the will is causing such stress and the sickness in your family.
With all those instruments you must be a regular Von Trapp family! What a blessing to have music in the house.
Take care now-really!
Kimberly

Empty Nester said...

You know, we always get attacked for doing the right thing. But, as long as we know it is the right thing, we do it. Remember to stand firm in it too! And I've got your back- even though you're on the wrong coast. LOL The husband is going through some bad stuff with his mom's will. I'm staying as far away from it as I possibly can. Those people are idiots. Oops- who said that? :)