Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Chats on the Farmhouse Porch
Here it is again time for Chats on the Farmhouse Porch.
Patrice is so nice to think up these questions week to week.
I look forward to coming around to visit later.
The above picture is my house. It is amazing how putting
a little lights on and decorating a little makes my house look
a bit bigger. Oh and the trees. I added a few of these.
( See yesterday's blog to see the picture I posted.)
On to the questions:
1. Where is your favorite place to think, reflect, or pray?
In my blue chair, in my office. When I am really burdened, I walk in our pasture.
2. Did you believe in Santa as a kid?
Yes, I did, maybe too much because when my cousin told me it was my Dad I was crushed. I cried and cried. I wanted to believe so bad in Santa. I never did that with my kids though.
3. What's your favorite kind of Christmas cookie? You can add a recipe if you have time.
My sister in law always brings me these things called Reindeer food. They are a no bake cookie and they are my favorite. I made them myself one year and mine were not as good as hers so I never attempt it anymore.
4. Did you grow up around any of your grandparents?
Yes, I did, We lived next door to them. They were amazing people and I consider myself to be so blessed to have been given that gift.
They were the best kind of grand parents. They were always there for us and were so giving.
5. What's your favorite winter sport-skiing, skating,sledding, other(?) ? If you are in a warm place, what is your favorite winter sport to watch when the Winter Olympics are televised?
Well since the last time we had snow was 14 years ago. I go down to the ice skating rink with my daughter when I want to look like a idiot. I like ice skating and if we had snow I would like sledding.
But now I really like sitting inside by the fire. I never watch the Olympics.
Thanks for this week's questions, Patrice.