Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Chats on the Farmhouse Porch
It is time to visit again with Patrice. She says it is too
cold to visit on her porch so we will be going inside.
It is too cool on my porch too. We might have beautiful
sunshine but we are having freezing temps. It has
made my chickens feathers sure grow in fast.
So now on to the questions
1. Have you ever had a blog slump?
Oh goodness yes!! It is terrible when it happens. It is usually after I have been really busy or I get too tired. My brain just refuses to work.
2. What's your favorite way to serve hot chocolate (cocoa)? Marshmallows on top? Whipped Cream? A cinnamon stick?
When I have my grand children come over they get to have hot chocolate at my house with lots of whip cream and sprinkles on top.
3. How do you handle it when you see someone you think you know, but cannot place? Do you approach them and ask, shy away, or just go home and hope you don't think of it at 2am?
I am one of those people who can remember people that I may have just met one time. I can tell you when and where it was and who I was with. IT is weird. Some of my kids can do it too. The only time it has happened when I saw this lady. I knew I knew her and I knew I really liked her. I couldn't place her at all. It took my brain two years but finally one night I woke up from a sound sleep and I remembered where I knew her from. We were going to take belly dancing classes together. I chickened out, :) I should have done it.
4. What was your position in your family? Were you the oldest, a middle child, the youngest or an only child?
I was the oldest of three children. Then after my Dad remarried, I not only got a new family but I then had a older brother. That part was just like the Brady Bunch. I really enjoyed having a older brother and younger ones as well. I always said I lived in a home with 3 children and then I lived in a family with six children and six was lots more fun. I always had someone to go run around with.
5. How do you handle accumulated possessions (stuff)? Are you a pack-rat, a minimalist, or somewhere in between?
I have always been a person who threw stuff away, or I always gave it away but then something happened, I need to give away about a ton of books, but find it really hard to do so, so I am always afraid of turning into a hoarder. So I need to get on the stick and do some major cleaning out.
Thanks to Patrice for her lovely questions this week. As always they
make me think of things I haven't thought of or she keeps me jumping with
I can't wait to come and visit on your porches today.