Winter

Winter

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Monday Chatter.


http://southbreezefarm.blogspot.com/


I hope you all had a nice weekend. Our internet
doesn't work very well, when it rains. Right now it
is working. I thought I would do a quick post.
I am still doing the Thankful Challenge.
One of the things I am most thankful for in this life
is my kids.
I hate to think what I might have been if not for them.
Now that most of them are all grown now. I am very
thankful for the relationship we have and for the
way they make me laugh.



They have not made me cry very much. If they have
it is because they have done something very nice. Or
they have made me so proud, I think my heart will explode.
They thought I needed an I Pod so they put their
money together and bought one for me for my birthday.

I have to be very careful as people I am so content with
their friendship I could spend most of my time with just them.
It is fun to hang out with people who get all of the same jokes,
who have read the same books and remember things the way I do.



I won't make this a long post just because I don't want
to make you sick, but I thought that when I think about
that many, many blessings I have received. Having the joy
and privileged of being a mother has been my greatest
gift in my life.

I am very, very thankful.

Have a lovely Monday.

~Kim~

" Love is the fulfillment of the law."
Romans 13:10

14 comments:

Kim said...

Sweet. Your kids are very lucky to have such a great mom who nurtures such a close relationship. I bet it is fun to see the adults they have become.
I hope it stops raining soon :)

TexWisGirl said...

that is precious. the fact that you like them so much as adults is wonderful. :)

Meg said...

Hey, I like your kids too! ;)

Alica said...

And...having such a wonderful relationship...I'm sure they are just as thankful for YOU! :)

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

What a wonderful heart felt post. I know how you feel. My husband and I went up tho see my daughter in the mountains of NH,(where she goes to college) We had such a good time with her and her boyfriend. I love being a mother.

Marti said...

You kids sound great, you obviously are a good mom. I know I love being a mom and grandma.

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

Me too, Kim! A hearty AMEN from Texas for our kids and grandkids, and for the hoy of being their mom and mimi. :)

xo

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

one more time I am reminded of WHY I need to PROOF READ everything I write... could you please read the above as JOY, not hoy. :)

Good grief!!

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Laughing at Sonja....oh my...always proof read mine for me!!!

This is great....just spent the weekend with my guys as we celebrated a family 50th Wedding Anniversary...that is why God calls them a blessings from Him...He is the one who allows us to have them

Debbie said...

Oh Kim I sooo understand where you are coming from. I too am soo blessed with family that there really isn't much time for anyone else either, lol. Between all 3 of my sons, my daughter, my dil's, and sil, and my sisters and my mom, (and not to even mention my hubby) my cup really does run over. I am sooo happy for you that you have been blessed this way. It REALLY is God's best blessing isn't it? HUGS

Kessie said...

It is such fun having you for a mom. We do just sit and laugh and laugh!

Sue said...

You seem to have the best kids, and relationships with them Kim, And how wonderful to have them nearby. A great thankful post.
I am so glad you are enjoying the garlic!
Hugs,
Sue

Nancy said...

What a wonderful post....Kids are such a blessing and obviously you have been a great Mom.....God has surely blessed you with the most important thing on this earth (not counting our salvation) a sweet relationship with your kids......Thank you so much for sharing your blessing with us....and thank you for your precious comments you left for me today....your words are so encouraging....

Hugs and blessings,
Nancy

Kerin said...

A beautiful post!

I love your heart-felt thoughts about being a mother.

I too think it's wonderful to have grown kids that are such good people and good company. I love to spend time with out kids!

Hope this week is shaping up to be a great one!