Winter

Winter

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Vacation Pictures


I thought I would show you a few pictures of the beach.
It was beautiful. It really wasn't as cold as I was hoping for,
it was beautiful none the less. It was clear and warm and
even at night it was very nice. This was taken off the sun roof
at the hotel we were staying in, it is one of my favorite places to sit.
The chairs are great and the view is wonderful.

The night we got there it was this huge feeding frenzy of all kinds
of birds. There were hundreds of pelicans and terns and sea gulls.
I had never seen anything like that before. There were dolphins,
diving and it looked so pretty. There was sea lions and seals.
I have never seen so many birds in one place and I have never noticed
before but all of those wings make lots of noise.

This is all seals. There were so many they just kept coming
towards us all at once.

The first night we got there they were having a huge
street fair and farmers market. I guess they do it every Friday
during the summer. There was all kinds of local produce and
baked goods. There was flowers and home made jams and jelly's.
Home made soap and lotions and all kinds of herbs. One thing
I noticed was that a family that had fresh eggs for sale, were charging
5.oo dollars for a dozen eggs. A dozen. People were snapping them up
like hotcakes.

This is a Bonsai Nursery we went to because my
husband is going to turn his little trees he has been growing
into Bonsai trees. The trees behind my son's are over a hundred
years old. They were beautiful. The nursery we visited is the only
one of its kind on the west coast. The man who owns it was so interesting
and it was such a fun place. He told my husband so much and he loved
what he does so much that two hours just flew by and I would
like to go back again. I never knew that the reason Bonsai trees die
if you buy them is because they are a tree and need to be outside.
I never knew that. They are not house plants.
This man plants his Bonsais in the ground. That is how you get really
big trunks, because that is what you want.

My husband was so excited about getting to visit the place that he was like
a little kid the night before Christmas and it was worth it. We drove to
a place I had never been before and it was just lovely to drive down the coast.

As always it is nice to be home.
Vacation is over and it is back to work. Have a great Monday!
~Kim~


16 comments:

Kessie said...

Oh wow! There must have been fish spawning or something. I've never seen that many birds like that! That's incredible! The thing about the bonsai trees is really awesome, too. I hope Dad got enough tips to grow his own. :-)

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Looks like a fabulous lil getaway.Love the trees myself~Cheers Kim

TexWisGirl said...

love that your hubby got great first-hand information from a bonsai expert! i know that meant a lot that you all gave him that time. the beach and birds look wonderful, but glad you are home safe and sound!

camp and cottage living said...

Kim
It all looks it was amzing to view and experience! I'm so glad you had such a good time
And your right-there's no place like home!

Pom Pom said...

Wow, that went by too fast, didn't it? I love your sea photos. I miss the sea.

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

I love your pictures. You saw some great things along the way during this week. I used to try to keep bonsai plants, and now I know why they died. I saw fresh eggs for $4 the other day...waited until I got back up to our neck of the woods and paid half. Gotta get the chickens next year! That farmers market sounds great. Glad you had a good week.

Jacque. said...

Love the photos! Bonsai Nursery...how interesting! Looking forward to seeing what your husband comes up with at home.

Kim said...

It looks beautiful and that Street Fair looks great. I love those but end up spending too much money. I love bonsai trees and have killed 2 so far. Now I know why.
BUT, Miss Kim - I am dying laughing because you are the only person I have ever heard say they are going to the beach and hoping it is cold!!!!
You are just too funny!

Debbie said...

Good morning! See, this is what happens when you get busy and miss a post or two. I didn't realize you were at the beach for a week. How heavenly....I would just LOVE that. Nothing like it for relaxing and getting away to another world. Glad you enjoyed your time. Soo beautiful. But you are right, there's no place like home. Have a good day! HUGS

Empty Nester said...

The pictures are beautiful! I especially love the last one!

$5 for eggs? That's a joke, right? Wow.

Glad you had such a wonderful time and got home safe and sound!

Meg said...

Yay! Glad you had a good time. See? You could sell your eggs for ridiculous amounts of money too.

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Love the pictures...so glad you had such a nice vacation...I so love the beach, when I get to go...who knows, maybe one day I will live closer to the beach.

Enjoy your week...blessings.

Maryann said...

Really nice picture hope you came back relaxed and refreshed

Cindy said...

Kim we just returned from the beach also. Were you in Avila? The reason I ask is because we were at the beach late one afternoon while the kids were boogie boarding and we saw the same thing with all the birds, sea lions, and fish. I have to wonder if it was the same place? What we saw was really incredible! It was so loud and the people all around us just stopped and starred at the waters, wondering what was going on. Anyway, I loved your pictures, looks like a lot of fun was happening!

Dog Trot Farm said...

Kim, so happy to hear you had a wonderful vacation, is there anything more relaxing than listenting to the sound of the ocean? School next week? Where did the summer go? I do admit I can't wait for pumpkin season. Hugs from Maine, Julie.

Patrice said...

I'm glad you had a good time!