Winter

Winter

Thursday, August 25, 2011

This Morning in The Garden


I was walking around the garden this morning, a very tired
garden. I need to remember that even though I love gardening,
I love planting seeds, I love it all but by this time is August, I
am just tired of the heat, the dirt, and I am ready to move on
with life.

I thought I would show you a picture of my garden. Now that the
weeds are taller than the plants I originally planted.

Then I went to the top of the garden and this is
the top part of it.

This hasn't been the best year for gardening. We haven't had the
heat as in years past. The weeds have had a banner year.
Once school starts gardening becomes the one more thing
that just gets over looked.

When I send my kids off to school they are eighteen. It still never gets
any easier for me. I admit, when Elliot went out the door, I was crying
into the washing machine. I lifted the lid so the sound of the water would
keep the sound so no one would hear it.
He looked so happy, I just had to show you a picture.

My kids are all well adjusted, it is the Mom who has
the problems. I am so happy when he comes in from
school and he is so happy, and he loves his classes.

You should have seen me with the oldest two were getting
married. Having the two weddings here 3 weeks apart, Megan
wanted red and white flowers in the front yard, and Kessie
wanted pink, white and green in the back yard. I planted
so many flowers. it was a good think as I spent so much time
crying in the flowerbeds.

Life moves on I took a picture of the house in the morning light.
I thought I might share it this morning. It is part of the dream
I never dreamed.

Peter told me he wants to get a after school job.
I don't know if I am ready to learn how to use the weed
eater, the edger and the lawn mower. I know I could,
but lets say, It seems a bit daunting.

This is how my Thursday looks, I am praying for all of you
in the path of Irene. Not to mention those of you that have
had your second earthquake.

Have a wonderful day,
~Kim~

13 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

such a lovely home you have, even if you think your garden is sad this year. :)

Debbie said...

kim, i am sooooo over the gardens as well. as i walk around them, is hard to recall the joy i felt in the spring!!!

you home is soooo beautiful, even though it's large, it looks cozy. and that front porch, be still my heart!!!

Kim said...

Oh Kim, You and my dear Auntie would get along great. She is known for shedding tears at every occasion. The day I graduated high school, her boss told me she spent the majority of the day hiding in the washroom. They day I moved to university (and had to carry everything up 5 flights of stairs) she stayed in the car to cry.

Gail said...

I have no tears left.

Your home is beautiful.

camp and cottage living said...

Kim
It's an obvious reflection of a great relationship between mother and son when you don't want to see him leave at 18!!! You've trained him for many years now, so maybe it's time for him to begin to become his own man.
Your home is so lovely too, and your garden supplied you with some pretty good veggies from what you showed us. I bet you are ready for a break from all the work it entails though-sowing, reaping, and storing it all. Now you can just sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labor.
Children included, maybe!

Julia said...

Oh Kim.... I can understand shedding a few tears when the kiddies go to school for the first time... when they are little... but you had me laughing with your crying in the machine. I hope that it didn't overflowed on the floor, ha,ha.

Now you would think that crying in the flower bed would be good for your flowers but I think that it could be detrimental to your flower with the salty tears don't you think., especially in a drought.

In any case, I agree that you are a great mom because you give it your all.

Kim, I would love to come to your beautiful home even if the garden are tired by now. Take care , hugs. JB

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

What a gorgeous home you have! I think everyone is getting tired of the weeds in the garden. I know that once school starts I can't do anything else for a while. Your son looks very ready to head out to his life. It's a hard transition when they really begin to leave the nest. It takes a while for Moms to figure out what the next step is as well. It's a process, but then everyone settles into the next stage. Hugs and blessings!

no spring chicken said...

Life is very good. Being able to say that your children are well adjusted is no small claim. Good for you!! Of course, if meaning that they are well adjusted and eager to hit the world, leaving you at home with the weed eater, maybe there is something to be said for social misfits... :{

Blessings, Debbie

Maryann said...

Sending hugs your way, I know how hard it is to see them move on. Our little nest is empty again, our son left for school today, we will miss him.
Your house is lovely, the porch looks perfect for sitting and visiting.

Dog Trot Farm said...

Kim, your home is so lovely and the wrap around porch so warm and inviting. I too would cry at the beginning of each new school year, however, would never let on. I admit I am still trying to adjust to this empty nest syndrome! The only plus to being an empty nester, less laundry! Blessings from Maine, Julie.

Empty Nester said...

Your home is beautiful! Love the shine in the first picture! And what a handsome young man! I am the same way-well adjusted kids, it's me with the 'growing' pains. LOL

Jacque. said...

Lovin' your home...I'd be right there crying, too.

Sue said...

I feel as you do about the garden this time of year, and I too am now ready to move on, I am so ready for fall! Your thoughts on your children moving on too, I so relate, What a fine young man Elliot is, my best to him as he begins this new journey in his life, I know you and your dh are so proud.
Sleep well,
Hugs,
Sue.