Winter

Winter

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hobo Kitty


Here is finally a picture of Hobo Kitty. She is now living
in my garage bathroom. She is really a young kitten.
But what my sleuthing has figured out is that she was
raised around little kids. The morning I finally was able
to get her to come to me, she ran to me then ran to the dog.
The dog was all set to chase her when this little cat runs up to
the dog and starts rubbing on her. The dog was completely confounded
by these actions and just sat down and pondered this weird cat.

A little later in the morning she met my grand children and she ran
to them. My grand daughter picked her up by the neck the cat went
completely limp and never even tried to scratch.

She has had a collar on
but it was removed. She has never unsheathed her claws at any point
since I have been trying to get her calm and not afraid.
The kids can hold her now and pet her and she has a nice motor. She is a
young kitten. I am going to take her to the vet and make sure she doesn't
have anything wrong with her.

My problem is I already have 5 cats who are not happy at this at all.
I am afraid of turning into a cat hoarder. We only have one cat that
wasn't dumped or thrown out of a car. All of our cats are because someone
didn't want them.

She comes to my back door now and looks in, I always think she is saying,
" I can see other cats in there what is wrong with me." So I go outside and sit
in a chair and hold her and pet her.

So that that is how Hobo Kitty is doing. My daughter who is a great fan of
Russian Literature who is reading Doctor Zhivago wants to call her Yuri.
I know if she gets a name then we will be adding a cat to the family.
I think my house has a sign somewhere but I have yet to find it,
something like," soft family lives here leave all cats or dogs"

I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week.
~Kim~

17 comments:

Jacque. said...

ohhhhh, how cute! And, how sweet that she fits in so well with your dog and your grandchildren.

Sooooo, you have a bathroom in your garage? WOW! I can understand the convenience of it...but, to me, it'd just be one more bathroom to clean. {grin}

Unknown said...

Sounds like you have already fallen for the little guy.... go on... admit it! LOL

TexWisGirl said...

oh, but she sounds like a keeper!!! i'm glad you're taking her to the vet - probably has worms and needs vaccines, maybe. want to make sure she's okay to be around the other kitties. :) she's a pretty girl! wish i could hear her motor!

myletterstoemily said...

smart kitty. :)

Vintage Gal said...

Hobo Kitty is sooo adorable.

Kim said...

Don't try to kid us - this kitty is already home and everyone knows it. Open the door to the house and make it official!
Hehehehe

Patrice said...

She's adorable and I know you'll give her a wonderful home.

Unknown said...

I am sure when you come home from the Vet and she is in clean health the kitten will be added to your family.. I have a sign on my forehead that says sucker softie lives here..

You have a wonderful day with your new kittie and all the other cats will accept her in time..Lisa

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Oh we inherited a hobo kitty a couple of years back and he loves the small dogs also. I remember all my grandmother's cats that would make their way to her farm some how...they always found a home and she feed them with scraps from the table.
Enjoy!

Kessie said...

Oh, she's pretty! I'm glad you're taking care of her. I'll bet the other cats are very unhappy. Maybe the vet will recognize her?

Meg said...

Hehe I had a feeling you would be adding her, just the by the way you talk about her. I don't think this one's going to be leaving... ;)

Julia said...

That little kitty looks like an Omale to me. He looks so intelligent and sooo cute. Is it a he or a she??? You can pass it on to one of your friends or church people to look after. JB

no spring chicken said...

Go ahead and name him Yuri... I hate to tell you this but I think you've already adopted him!

Blessings, Debbie

Barb said...

Kim - Just stopped by for a visit and feel sure that you are now a six cat family!

Debbie said...

This is the first time in years and years that we have not had a cat. I am not a big animal in the house person and had a couple of kids (and now grandkids) who are allergic as well. BUT there is nothing like a sweet little kitten. I love the name your daughter has come up with btw. Hope you had a good day!

Sue said...

Love Hobo Kitty, Kim, and we have had the same situation of kitties being dropped off at our gate, as a matter of fact our barn cat ,the one who thinks he is a sheep, is a drop off. I have found that they make the best friends. So enjoy, and tell the other kitties,to get over it, and accept her.lol. I have now come to realize that these animals seem to adopt us, instead of us adopting them. I think they know a softie when they see one.
I have just come in from working outside all day, me thinks I might have overdone it. lol. I thought of you when you were exhausted a few weeks ago, and know exactly how you felt. lol
Hugs,
Sue

Backwoods Woman said...

Awww, I say go ahead and add her to the clan. That's exactly how we got our cats...and 2 of our 3 dogs. Poor lil things needs a home. You know you want to (wink, wink.) She seems like she would be a really sweet one too. Thanks for stopping by my blog!