Winter

Winter

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Wedneday Words on Weight Loss


Today I am linking with Patrice at Everyday Ruralty
She wanted to start a day to help us with Weight Loss.

1. Are you trying to lose weight, stay the same, or just eat healthier?
I am trying to loose weight and eat healthier. I experienced some health problems
over Christmas and I think that was from eating junk.

2. Did you gain weight from Thanksgiving and/or Christmas?
Well, I think I did. I was trying to enjoy Christmas, I made a pact to stay off
the scale until January 1, 2011, I will tell you I could not get into my jeans. So I knew
it was bad.

3. What is more tempting to you sweet or salty snacks?
I think it would be sweet, and chocolate. I can handle the salty with a bag
of air popped popcorn if it gets bad.

4. What are you doing for exercise? I am just walking and not enough of that. I need to get
back to weight lifting and doing the balance ball routine that I do normally. I just haven't had
the want too very much. I want to sit around and hold something hot in my hands and
stay curled up.

5. Please tell me something you can do this week to be nice to yourself.
I am always nice to myself, that is how I got in this place. Well, lets see, I bought myself
a Cameo Needle punch. Yeah, that is it. I also bought lots of food that I eat like
Greek Yogurt and fruit and vegetables and make sure I have dip already prepared so
I have things to eat. Lots of hot herbal tea as well. My husband is doing this with me
so it is easier because I cook for him and I don't know if I would do it for myself.

Thank you so much Patrice. I am looking forward to what new questions you will have
next week.

Gosh this is hard for me to share something this personal on this blog. I would rather
you thought I was a tall and willowy blond and who ran every morning before
I cooked a wonderful breakfast for my husband. When in truth I am short, dark headed
and my husband makes his own breakfast. I have never been a good breakfast cook.

~Kim~

15 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

LOL!!! But if you were a willowy, running, breakfast-cooking blonde, I wouldn't be able to relate to you! I too am a short, built-for-power-not-for-speed, brunette who doesn't cook - at least not breakfast. :)

I am sipping hot tea also, btw.

Kessie said...

Lawl! I was wondering if you were going to do the weight loss questions. Where do you get Greek yogurt? Is it any good? I like Yoplait, but all the good stuff in it is probably long since dead.

Kim said...

Lol I have a secret desire that people think I am a tall willowy blond too. My diet is not going well. The cookies keep calling to me.

Meg said...

LOL! I like your answer to #5. I think you'll do just fine. I bet it is easier having dad do it with you. That should help.

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I loved this post. I'm also loving WW. I lost another three pounds this week. That's 6 1/2 lbs. in two weeks. Not a good as biggest losers but I'll take it. Good Luck.

myletterstoemily said...

YOU are adorable! "i am already nice to myself. that's how
i got into this trouble!"

you are too cute! but, on a serious note, we adore you and
want you around for a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time, so take
care of yourself.

Miss Debbie said...

You crack me up!!! I like you just the way you are, but I am praying for your weight loss journey. Been there, done that, need to do it again....and I know how hard it is! But, God says his strength is perfected in our weakness. So, remember He is on your side!! :-)

Simple Home said...

You are so cute Kim!! I've never cooked my husband a big breakfast...he was a breakfast cook when I met him, how could I compete with that? When breakfast is cooked in our house, he does it. I'm the supper cook :-) I'm a salt girl myself, that's my weakness.
Good luck, I admire you for sharing this!
Blessings,
Marcia

Sue said...

This is the cutest post Kim, and so are you.what a blessing for me to get to know you. You are the motivator for me!! Enjoy your day!!
Hugs,
Sue

Patrice said...

I like the peaceful photo you put on this. I love greek yogurt! I really need to start my walking program up again. I enjoy it more since blogging because I take my camera. Don't forget to link up on the Wednesday Words of Weightloss. You have linked to another post of yours. If you want me to fix it, just e-mail and I'll gladly do it.
Blessings, dear friend!

Debbie said...

HAHA How I relate to this post...I too am a little "too nice" to myself, lol. What is this yogurt?? i think we have all created these images of ourselves in our minds, or I have for sure...So sometimes when I catch an unguarded glance at myself in a mirror or store window or something I am SHOCKED that I am NOT seeing that young looking grandma with modern looking outfit on her tiny little frame...sigh...WHO IS THAT WOMAN??? haha Have a wonderful day! HUGS

Cathy Kennedy said...

Ladies...your comments are so fun. We all need to rally together to get ourselves whipped into the women we want to become in 2011. Good luck to each of you.Please visit my blog

http://cathykennedystories.blogspot.com/2011/01/wedesday-words-of-weight-loss-blog-hop.html

Thistle Cove Farm said...

You can eat an elephant one bit at a time. Er, no wait, that's not, perxactly, what I meant to say. I have been losing weight, slowly, for quite some time. My goal is to walk 30 minutes, somewhat briskly, 3 to 4 times a week and increase my protein intake while decreasing my carb intake. It's working like a charm too as I'm losing more weight since I started doing this.

kimberly wheat said...

Hi, I came to 'meet' you on your blog as well! Best of luck on your healthy endeavors...isn't Greek yogurt the best? Yum!

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Well I applaud you on this post...I came here to be encouraged to stay with it and I was. What a good way to stay accountable.
I walked 3 mins in 36 minutes today and boy it also curved my hunger...yea!!
As for cooking breakfast...I have never done that much either...oh well!!!