Sunday, January 30, 2011
Right Before The Cloudburst
Right before the cloudburst, I liked the light and I thought
I would go outside to get some pictures of the few bedraggled
flowers I have. While I was out there I was aware I was getting
soaked. Then it dawned on me that it was pouring rain. I love
it when I am so engrossed in what I am doing I don't notice
I was making chili for dinner tonight and as I was opening
a can of beans, I thought about the things that I would still like
to do in my life that I have not done. So this is my list.
1. I would like to make a campfire out in my back yard,
with rocks around it and a tri-pod in the center with
a can of beans cooking over the fire. Then I could eat
the beans out of the can like a hobo. I always wanted to
be a hobo.
2. I would like to learn to do counted cross stitch on 40
count linen. Linen puzzles me and I sit and ponder how to
see it when I try and stitch on it but I end up throwing it away
as I can't seem to get the pattern to it in my head.
3. I would like to learn to spin wool, and to use a loom. In there
is having some sheep and goats for wool, but that is a big
stretch for me right now.
4. I would like to write a devotional book and have it published.
5. Buy a new camera and take a photography class and a photoshop
6. I would like to learn to reupholster furniture.
7.I would like my flowerbeds around my house to stay weed free.
filled to the brim with my own flowers that I grew from seed.
8. I would like to grow my own herbal tea and package it.
9. Make all of my own soap.
10. Be snowed in for awhile in a cabin.
11. Learn to snowshoe.
12. Go stare at the ocean for a few days.
13. Get married to my husband again and this time say " I obey."
14. Get some Silkie hens from My Pet Chicken.
15. Be nice all of the time.
16. Be so skinny, that I can wear my daughter's sparkly jeans
that I have been saving.
17. Get rid of most of my books.
18. Do a how to video and post it on my blog.
19. Have a really nice, big garden that remains weed free all summer.
20. Run and not get weary.
When I was a kid and in- that- want- to- be- a- hippy- mode. I had a poster on the
wall of my bedroom that said, " If dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird
that cannot fly." I sometimes get so busy living I forget to dream. Cloudbursts
and thunder showers make remember dreams.
I thought I would share them today.
Have a wonderful week.