Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Calm Before The Storm
We have another storm on it's way that shall get here tonight.
This one will have high winds, rain, and lighting and thunder.
Oh, I almost forgot, cold. Cold and snow. It didn't rain here much
today, and the sun came out and I ran all of my errands, so I think
I am finished with everything. Shopping, presents wrapped and now
to just bake yummy things.
Today is the first day of winter. I am even glad about that.
The days will stop growing shorter and begin to lengthen.
What's that saying? " As the days begin to lengthen, the cold
begins to strengthen."
Since today is the first day of Winter I thought I would
give you my list of 20 things I love about winter.
2. Warm house
3, Fire in the wood stove.
4. The secrets that abound every where in the house.
5. Baking yummy goodies
6. Watching the little babies and boys " Love Christmas."
7. Reading a book with the rain outside.
8. Getting together with friends and family.
9. Snuggling down in warm covers.
10. Watching old movies I have seen a hundred times but
loving them anyway.
11. Walking outside in the cold.
12. Being thankful that I am alive.
13. Visiting the Library.
14. Going shopping with my kids.
15. Reading the Bible and pondering all these things in my heart, as Mary did.
16. Having time to sit and read blogs and visiting online.
17. Sewing in front of the Christmas tree.
18. Coming home to a house with Christmas lights on.
19. Getting I tunes cards. New music. :0
20. Knowing next week, me and my hens will have time to just
hang out. I told them that today, when I went to feed them.
Here is my list. I am so thankful for the life I have been given.
I hope you have a great rest of the week.