I am going to make this pumpkin pie.
I always do all of my baking on Wednesday.
I am going to brine my turkey using my daughter-in-love
We were thinking about smoking the turkey but
I think I will just cook it the normal way in the oven.
It is supposed to be cold that day so I didn't want everyone
having to be outside.
Here is the recipe for the above pie.
Double Layer Pumpkin Pie
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Blend in eggs one at a time. Remove 1 cup of batter and spread into bottom of crust; set aside.
- Add pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg to the remaining batter and stir gently until well blended. Carefully spread over the batter in the crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until center is almost set. Allow to cool, then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Cover with whipped topping before serving.
one stone by fixing a double layer pumpkin cheese cake.
I love this old image of the Pilgrims. One of the things
I think has been a disservice to our children is that
they have been taught in school about the Pilgrims
and the Puritans, I thought they
were the same. They weren't the Pilgrims were willing
to take a chance for the freedom to worship the way they
The Puritans wanted to stay in the Church of England and purify
it from within. In school we kind of lump the Pilgrims and Puritans
with the Salem Witch trials. Which is all taken out of context.
So it always makes me sad because really the story of the Pilgrims
is quite a interesting story. The Puritans were a bit legalistic.
The first time I read about what really happened and why those
people took such a chance to come here to worship God, I just cried
because God did such miracles to get them here.
My favorite books on the subject are The Light and The Glory by
Peter J. Marshall and David Manuel
I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow.