Winter

Winter

Friday, October 22, 2010

Thoughts on Saturday Morning


One of my favorite bloggers is Janette over at Janette's Sage
She had been tagged for seven questions and she
wanted to do her own. So I thought I would play along.
So I guess I am tagged. :)
1.If you could go on two vacations, without any concerns, one with your family and one with your husband where would you go?
I would take the kids all of the married ones and grand kids and children and we would all go to the beach. For about a week. Then my husband and I would go find a log cabin in the woods, in the snow, with lots of logs and a huge fireplace. We would get snowed in and we would just have to stay together alone and watch the blizzard from windows that were triple glazed so we would be warm. We would take books and books on tapes and lots of coffee and just have a wonderful time.


2. If you could write a book, what author would you want to be like and why?

I would be Harper Lee. I would want my one book to be the greatest book of literature of all time. I would want to be a bit of a mystery and I would want to write a book that spoke to everyone deep down in their hearts at every age. I would want the story to be simple yet written with all of the beauty of innocence and to write of an age gone by.

3.If you could dream up the most romantic evening with your spouse, what would it be? Gosh everything we do

when we are alone is romantic. I would say when I first fell in love with him I still consider the most romantic. My Dad bought a herd of heifer cows. They had been bred to a bull that was to big. We had to walk the pastures at night to make sure none were down or in labor. My then best friend, not boy friend yet, was away at college. He came home for spring break and he and I would walk the pastures in the rain, in the cold, me in sexy rubber boots and we would walk and talk and kiss in the rain. We would tell of the dreams we had and of all that we wanted from life.
We would walk and talk and I never felt the cold. When it came time for him to go back to school I could hardly stand the cold, I had never noticed it when he was with me. By the time he left to go back to school, I was in love and I knew I would never be the same.
4.If you could hear your parents say anything about you, what would you want to hear?
I think it would be to hear how proud they would be of me and gee she did turn out.
My Dad would say, when I called, Hey, my baby, Kim Sue how are you my baby girl. Always,
his voice would get soft and no one will ever say that until I get in heaven.

5.
If you were to have your dream job/career/extra-occupation, other than the blessings of what you are doing today, what would it be?
My dream job would be that I went to rug hooking camp and became a wonderful rug hooker, and quilt camp and could quilt like like a dream. I would want a degree in textile arts. I would want to do everything with my hands and could sew. But then I like to garden and raise chickens. I would love to spin and weave and raise my own sheep for wool and my own cow for milk to make butter, and cheese and raise Jacob sheep too. I guess I would want to do it all and always have time for people too.

6.If you could be a missionary in any country, where would you go to serve?
I have always wanted to work in Romania or in the Congo. I have always wanted to work in a orphanage but only so I could bring all of the babies home.

7. if you could go back for a day, year or month in your past, what would it be and why?

I would never go back,
Have you ever read Our Town? I am afraid of it being like that if I went back. I would notice the things I did that hurt or things I missed that were important. My life today, at this moment is the best and I like life the way it is now. I do have a tendency to look back and I always work so hard at living now. The poem that says, " Come grow old with me for the best is yet to be." Is what I try and live with now.

This was hard to come up with answers. I had to think
and think but it was kinda fun I guess in a dentist sort
of way. :)
I hope your Saturday is lovely.



Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, for His wonderful works to the children of men!

(Psalm. 107:6)






Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, for His wonderful works to the children of men!

(Psalm. 107:6)

8 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

Loved the dentist reference!!! Put it all in perspective!

And I loved the "not going back" stance.

And the romantic walks around the pasture was a wonderful story. :)

Meg said...

I can teach you to spin! And we can get sheep! That dream is still a possibility! ;D

Patrice said...

I love your answers! We enjoy so many of t he same things. I go crazy over textiles. I love the romantic story. So sweet! Have a great weekend, Kim.

Patrice

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Kim...thanks so much for playing the game....so sorry it was hard, I had no idea it would be when I wrote the questions...I guess because I was answering them myself as I went through them
Oh love the orphanage. Our son did a mission trip to Russia's orphanages, I knew he would come home wanting us to go back and get them..they won his heart.

I love the no going back....I guess I thought of it more light hearted like going back on a date with my husband...the restaurants that are no longer around...the town looking like it use to. Your point is very good...more logical and analytical than mine...even though those characteristics were on my answers about myself.

So enjoyed....thanks for playing along. Have an awesome weekend.

Oh....loved your vacations...that would be mine also!!!

Julia said...

Kim, your answers are great and I like the one of being snowed in, in a warm cabin. Wouldn't it be nice to just take it easy for a while? Maybe your dream will come true someday about going to rug camp. JB

Miss Debbie said...

I agree with you about not going back. I am happy where I am. Our entire family does go to the beach for a week every summer and i t is great fun....exhausting, but fun. I love the thought of the cabin, but my hubby would go stir crazy! I can seldom get him to sit still long enough to watch a movie!! Glad to learn more about you!!

Kim said...

Hi Kim,
Great post. I love the snowy cabin idea too.

Cotton Eyed Jo said...

Oh, Kim, I loved your answer about the cabin(especially the part about the triple glazed windows)had to giggle a bit there! Wise woman not to choose a drafty old cabin on a snowy retreat!

No wonder you feel in love with your husband. It is in times of trial we learn the real value of our spouses, Dance to celebrate for sure, but in the sadness and hard work of daily life it is measured more truly. (I feel for him just reading your story!)♥ He probably remembers those walks too, and your willingness to watch after those heifers. No lazy girl who only wanted her own comfort...

Great questions, Janette!