Winter

Winter

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Odds and Ends of Wednesday


I was out in the garden, I have missed it. Even though
my poor flowers have been sadly neglected, they continue
to bloom and do their job. For me that makes me happy.
Doing a job when no one is looking.

I have these planted in my Zinnia row, so they must
have come out of the Zinnia seeds, but they look so
different.

Yep, just blooming because that is their job, you guessed
it because no one was looking.

I loved this picture because I caught the sun shining
just a bit on the Larkspur. Blue and purple, I just love
it.

I loved this little bit of pink Larkspur. I have to tell
you how ashamed I am right now, because after
a conversation I had today. I became very discontent
with my life. It doesn't happen to me very often, but oh
my goodness, it fell all over me like a whole bushel of meanies.

I knew that if I didn't corral my thought life, like Transforming
my mind before my husband walked in the door, Oh dear, it might
be ugly.

I sat down here and looked through the pictures I took this morning
and I remembered why I do what I do, then I read this.

"I have prayed that the Lord would work His whole will in
my life at any cost. And then fears immediately arise in my mind
all sorts of imaginations---of what the cost might be.
God gives us the grace that is needed for each day.
WE don't need to fear the future or what God might do."
"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in
all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound
in every good work."
(2 Corinthians 9:8)

Choosing to jerk my mind back to where I am supposed to be,
to sit and count my blessings one by one. To rest in the place
I am and of course, bloom where and when no one sees. God sees
and that is enough.
Have a great Wednesday!

Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, for His wonderful works to the children of men!

(Psalm. 107:6)

7 comments:

Kessie said...

I've had the same problem. Getting out of the house yesterday helped me get my mind back in the right shape. I had this dream where we moved into the Four Story Mistake, and I woke up very discontented.

Farm Girl said...

Heck if I had a dream I moved into the four story mistake I would be very discontent too. That is without a doubt my very favorite place to live in the most perfect house in the world, with the most perfect tree house.
Yeah, that would get me big time.

Simple Home said...

I enjoyed reading this post. Its so true, we pray for God's will, but then fears rise, as if it isn't our best He wants. I loved your "bushel of meanies" comment too :-)Your flowers are beautiful. Most of mine have withered in the heat.
Blessings,
Marcia

Jacque. said...

Your flowers are gorgeous. Thank you for writing the way you do.

Cotton Eyed Jo said...

Khalil Gibran had something very similar to say, and I thought of it immediately after reading your post...
"My soul preached to me and said, "Do not be delighted because of praise, and do not be distressed because of blame." Before my soul counseled me, I doubted the worth of my work. Now I realize that the trees blossom in Spring and bear fruit in Summer without seeking praise; and they drop their leaves in Autumn and become naked in Winter without fearing blame."

If it is good enough for a (think of your favorite tree) then it is good enough for me...

Dog Trot Farm said...

Your flower photos are lovely, why can't I grow Zinnas? I do try to "bloom" where I am planted. Your post reminded me of how much I have to be grateful for, thank you.

Gail said...

Your photos are great!

Just noticed you were a bee keeper so I may have lots of questions. We had bees as children and would like to start bee keeping again.