Winter

Winter

Sunday, August 8, 2010

My Favorite Brownie Recipe


This is a picture of my Hershey Cocoa cookbook.
It is the first cookbook I ever owned. I got it off
a box of Hershey Cocoa when I was about 17.
It has all of my changes in it and I was noticing
on the page that has the chocolate cream pie
recipe that it has cornstarch on the pages.

This is the brownies I made this afternoon.
I added crushed Health bar to the top with some
giant Ghirardeli chocolate chips.

---The Best Brownies---
1 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
2 cups of sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 eggs
1 cup unsifted all-purpose flour
2/3 cup Hershey's Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Blend oil, sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
Add eggs; beat well with a spoon. Combine flour,
cocoa, baking powder and salt, gradually add to egg mixture
until well blended. Stir in nuts spread in
greased 13x9 greased pan. Bake at 350 degrees
for 28 to 32 minutes or until brownie begins to pull away
from edges of pan cool in pan frost if desired.

Now my note I never knew it was so fussy, I just
melt my two cubes of butter in the microwave,
add the sugar, the eggs, the flour, baking powder,
salt and vanilla and the cocoa and mix it up real
good with a wooden spoon and get it in the oven.Because
when I make brownies it means I think dinner is going to
be a little light or that one of the kids brought someone
home that I didn't know about until dinner and they are hungry,
or like today, my husband has been repairing broken sprinkler
line, fixing valves on other sprinklers and digging holes to plant
some big trees that he bought last weekend. He has also been
digging trenches for new water lines to new trees. All by hand.
He has a tractor but would rather do it by hand than take the chance
of breaking other sprinkler pipes. Not to mention instead of sewing
I was working on a wood project of my own and he had to cut some
boards for me. It was a bit cooler today,
so he has worked all day.

He sits behind a desk most days and that is why he loves living here
because he gets to play outside in the dirt on weekends. I think I am
pretty lucky.
Have a great Sunday.

Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, for His wonderful works to the children of men!

(Psalm. 107:6)

5 comments:

Kessie said...

Oh boy! I finally have your brownie recipe!

Farm Girl said...

It is easier to read and the one on the back of the Hershey can that we saved for so long. I do think it is the best and it is almost as easy as buying a mix I think. I know it seems to come together just as fast and doesn't have that fake taste I can taste in a box mix.
Now you can make brownies anytime you want.

myletterstoemily said...

i am so going to make your special brownies. they
look delicious, and iwill have a house full of kids
tomorrow!

thank you

Jacque. said...

oh yummy...thanks for sharing!

Sue said...

That sounds good...Will have to make it for my grandson...Thanks