Winter

Winter

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Field of Dreams Friday


The morning glories in the sunflower garden are
growing nicely. I just don't think the sunflower house
is going to be much of a house. The sunflowers are
so full of seeds now that the morning glories are pulling
them down. Oh well, I will try it again next year.
I have some other ideas I will have to try like maybe
making a Te-pee instead of a square.

Here is a picture of one of my ripe pumpkins. I
was surprised to find one already so orange.
Its stem is still nice and green and its vine is still
growing so I am going to let it stay there as long
as possible so that when it is September not August,
it will start to look like fall.

I think it looks so nice that the morning glories have
grown all up to the top of this sunflower. It just looks
so country.
I was just looking at the calendar and today is Friday
the 13th. I was looking as I have one more Friday before
school starts.
Then sadly I will admit, that once I take off my gardening
hat, and put on school teacher hat, my garden gets sadly
neglected to just on weekends. So do my chickens.
I will feed them and take care of them but for the most
part once school starts they become orphan chickens.

I hope your Friday is nice. We are supposed to have a heat
wave next week. It sure has been nice to have cooler weather.
So have a nice Friday

Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, for His wonderful works to the children of men!

(Psalm. 107:6)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice photos - I think having a pumpkin in color means fall is going to be early - O I miss having a garden - O I don't miss homeschooling - wink! Have a wonderful weekend ..

Cotton Eyed Jo said...

No wonder we felt a kindred heart. I'm in my third year of retirement after 36 years as an elementary school teacher. More 5th grade than anything, which proves I'm crazy cause I loved it (most days).

Have a great year, pick 'em up where ever they are, move 'em to where they work to, and I hope you'll remember this motto. My dearest teacher friend and I often said it to each other as one was leaving and the other still at their desk working on. "Do your best, leave the rest, angels do no more!"♥