Winter

Winter

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Odds and Ends of Saturday


I finally finished my first quilt block for the quilt
pattern I got from The Painted Quilt. She is so kind
for doing this and I am always amazed at how her
quilts are a work of art. She has some amazing free
things too listed in her sidebar. I have never done
pinwheels before, but it was really fun, I can't
wait to do some more.

This is the new little hens eggs. See the dark brown
ones, the dark brown one are from the Cuckoo Marans.
That is why I wanted those kind of hens for that deep
warm, dark color.

I just had to publish this picture again, just because
it took so long to finally get one you could see, most
of the one I took look like blurs. I stood out in the sunflowers
and snapped and snapped and finally got this one. The thing
was I could only see one butterfly and then after I got
it on the computer I saw two.

Of course, I had to show you this lovely pumpkin.
I love its texture and the way it is sitting up and flat on its bottom.
so it will look so nice when it finally turns yellow.
I love my pumpkin patch because nestled in its
leaves is the promise of fall. I noticed something yesterday,
my trees are tired. I am seeing leaves that are a bit yellow
and I know they are as tired of the heat as I am.
I hope you have a lovely Saturday, this last day
of July. Now I must go wish my brother a happy
birthday, he is 50 today.

Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, for His wonderful works to the children of men!

(Psalm. 107:6)

3 comments:

Kessie said...

I love the picture of your green pumpkin! It makes me hopeful for fall. Tell you what, though, I'm certainly enjoying the fruits of the garden. I'm making roasted veggie pizza tonight. :-)

Toia said...

Love all the pics...the sunflower is my fav. I enjoy reading your post. Have a bless weekend!!

Janean said...

kim, you make me homesick for the pumpkins and sunflowers we planted last year, but not this year. yours look FAB to the core! great photos.