Winter

Winter

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Odds and Ends of Saturday


I was out in the garden and I thought I would take
a picture standing in my cantaloupe patch looking
toward my Black-Eyed Susan's
and some of my herbs.
I admit to going out and walking through the cantaloupes
and picking them up looking for just one ripe one.
The one thing I love about growing cantaloupes that
I didn't know was when they are ripe, they just fall
off the vine when you touch them. All of them so far
are firmly attached. After growing my own last year,
I got so spoiled. Home grown tomatoes are superior
to the ones you get in the grocery store, but cantaloupes,
are over the top in taste.

This is my row of Zinnias, I love this side of the garden
because it has flowers. I love this row and I sit and stare
at it because of all of the different colors and different
varieties. My Bachelors Buttons are just starting to bloom,
I use them for filler when I bring cut flowers in the house.



I will let this picture stay, blogger turned it sideways.
I love the red.
On to other news. Last night about 10 pm I took the dogs
outside one last time, and the thermometer said, 95 degrees.
I know it is going to be a hot day today because at 6:30 this morning
it was already 85. Not a lot to do when it is like this.
We are having humidity too. I remembered this morning,
how my garden gets away from me, it is when this kind
of weather hits and I don't chop weeds. Hopefully,
this will break soon and I can go out and do some weed
chopping.
I hope you have a lovely Saturday. Chickens are doing just
fine. Though I am afraid, I am almost there in taking my
roosters to the rooster guy. This morning from 4 am until
8 am my roosters crowed constantly. I like mornings but
not that much. I am not yet there though, because I do think
they are so cute and I wish I could keep them but you know
sleep sometimes wins out.
Have a great Saturday!

Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, for His wonderful works to the children of men!

(Psalm. 107:6)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you made me giggle -- sleep is so important I will agree -- by the way thanks for your comments and for visiting by blogg! I love your blogg - lots of good reads here and photo are SOOOOOOOOOOOooo well taken --

Kessie said...

There's your comment box! I've looked for it all day and it just now appeared. *kicks Blogger*

I love garden posts. It looks so pretty and idyllic. Nobody really knows how much work it all is! I'm looking forward to those cantelopes, too. :-)

Razzberry Corner said...

Why is it that Blogger turns pictures sideways sometimes??? I've been trying to figure that one out. Love your blog - I really love the wood background!

~Lynn

Dog Trot Farm said...

Gardens and flowers, just beautiful. What satisfaction to be able to harvest your own home grown melons. I don't think our growing season here in Maine is long enough,well maybe with a hoop house (which I do not not have)I am excited about my new "farm vehicle" however, not the two year car loan that goes with it. My Hubby travels New England for work (nuclear inspector)with lots of overnights. It was not a want, but a need. Hope your rooster situation finds a happy ending and your girl's remain healthy and happy. Your friend from Dog Trot Farm