Winter

Winter

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Black Eyed Susans


I hope today will be a restful Sunday for you.
I love Sundays, I love how the pace is slow, and
one of the things I found out a long time ago,
that I must have one day to rest from my labors.
If I don't I will pay for it all and I mean all of the
following week and if I thought I would get ahead,
I don't and I never really catch up.

One of the things I keep thinking of is living a simple
life, and how much do I need to be truly happy.
I read this and I have thought long and hard about
it.
"The willingness to be and to have just what God wants us
to be and to have, nothing more, nothing less, and nothing else,
would set our hearts at rest, and we would discover that the
simpler the life the greater the peace."
(The Shaping of a Christian Family, p. 88)
"Be on your guard against all kinds of greed;
a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his
possessions."
(Luke 12:15)
I always think that in our family, one of the things we
have a abundance of is musical instruments. One of the
things that is so important is playing music. My favorite
thing in the evening is to sit and listen to my husband
play his guitar while I sit and sew.
I think we could always get by on less, if we had a place
to play and listen to music, and a little dirt to grow things
in and of course chickens.
Have a lovely Sunday of rest.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Beautiful post Kim, I am resting today by visiting while listening to my music. I too am looking for a simpler life, I know exactly what you are saying today. I see so many families who are meeting themselves coming in the door. And this is not good. To much importance has been placed on the material things of life. I think it is so cool( Am i to old to use the word cool?) that your dh plays while you sew.To me this is the picture that God has painted for contentment.
Bless you Dear Friend, and I hope you are resting today, I am gearing up for a busy week. Beets to can, squash, and work on porch.We might get it done by Christmas. LOL
Hugs,
Sue