Winter

Winter

Monday, April 19, 2010

Monday Morning


One of the things that I consider my greatest achievement
has been in having and raising children, now young adults.
I am a person who is over the moon when it comes to how
proud I am of all six of them. They have given me far more
than I have ever given them. Being a mother has
been a job that I didn't really want, but God knew
me better than my self and for that I will be eternally grateful.

All six are so different in their likes and dislikes and completely unique
in their choices. I was one of those Moms who said, " No T.V. No game
platforms and if you want to play go outside and use your imaginations.
That worked until they got to be 12-14 and then the world began coming
to the door. Kids would come over and want to know why we had so
many books. My kids all put their money together and wanted to know
if they could buy a Sega I think it was, so I was beginning to learn that
I was going to have to choose my battles wisely or I would loose my
kids the way I had seen so many other kids go so I gave in. I guess
you could say the rest is history.
This is a video of my oldest son playing one of those songs from those
early games that they played. I always liked that music and
I hope you will too. He is married and has 3 wonderful boys.
I have been so blessed.





4 comments:

Kessie said...

See! Letting us have videogames didn't ruin our lives, after all! :-)

Farm Girl said...

Yes I know, but at the time, I didn't have a crystal ball to tell me that you guys would be okay. Now I can see it was okay but then it was really scary to take you to buy one. :)

Deborah Ann said...

Whoa, your son is talented! My son plays electric guitar too...Isn't it cool to see how gifted your kids turn out, even when you thought you had failed miserably? :)

Jennifer said...

Oh, how I look forward to the day when I can say "I have raised them" :) But for now, I am truly enjoying this part. Thanks for your uncommonly evident grace and love for your children. I don't see it in many women who have adult children! I am again reminded to pick my battles! Great advice to be thinking about.