Winter

Winter

Monday, January 11, 2010

A Few Flowers


I went outside to find something to take a picture of
I found these flowers in my flower bed and with the cold
and foggy weather, I thought they still had something to
smile about. They made me happy.
Today is Monday and this is what I am thinking
about and of course, my goal for today is to be quiet.

"Lord, deliver me from the urge to open my mouth
when I should shut it. Give me wisdom to keep
silence where silence is wise. Remind me
that not everything needs to be said and that there are
very few things that need to be said by me."
(Elisabeth Elliot, A lamp for my feet. Pg 42)

A man of understanding holds his peace. (Proverbs 11:12)

"We accept and thank God for what is given, not allowing
the not given to spoil it."
(Elisabeth Elliot, Let me be a woman)

3 comments:

Meg said...

Ah, good reminder for me! There a LOT of times that I should just shut my mouth and sit. Thank you for posting that.

Farm Girl said...

I think that for women, it is always hard to be quiet, yet that is what I want to do.

Kessie said...

It's hard for me, too. And also not sticking in my oar where it's not wanted. Thanks for the verses.