Winter

Winter

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Eggs


Yesterday, I went out to collect eggs, and in my new coop with my chicks
That hatched in June, I had eggs, scattered all over the coop. Some
had made it in the nest box, but some had not. It always
makes me laugh because when they first start laying
eggs, the little hens just don't know quite what to do.


The big row of eggs are my banny eggs, with the top
being the newest layer and the biggest at the bottom
being from the 2 year old hens.
The two large brown eggs are from my normal laying hens.
I like the banny eggs for omelets. Because 3 make a really
nice size omelet.
Yesterday was a beautiful day so I let the chickens out for some
sunshine.

It was so nice to have a break and sit out in the sun
and I know the hens loved it too.
It rained all last night, so the fog is back for now.
I am glad though, we need rain.

1 comment:

Meg said...

I think I have serious chicken envy. I can't wait to get chickens! I have this uncontrollable fear that we will not be able to build a coop in time for this year, but I think we'll make it. I think Ben is going to try to do it the same time he builds a shed.