Winter

Winter

Monday, January 4, 2010

A Normal Day


It was so nice to get up this morning and I get to do normal, which is,
laundry, school, lessons. All the things I love to do. My really, really favorite job.
There is so much to say for normal.
It is like a nice warm blanket after you come in after being in the cold. It comforts and warms and gives you the chance to be thankful for a day of peace.

I took this picture this morning of my Camilla bush. I tried for years to grow them at my other houses, never any luck. We moved here and put in a lot of them, but I was tired of fooling with them and promptly forgot about them. Now they are so beautiful and I love how huge they are growing but the secret to it is just forget them and go about your day, because the minute you start paying attention to them they will go and die. I just sort of walk by and glance and say, "good job, nice flowers." But that it it. I made to big of a deal last year of my red one and not a bud to be seen.
Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Meg said...

Yay for normal! Ben took down our Christmas lights and tree this weekend, so we are officially back to "normal" as well. Today is laundry and cleaning and baking. It does feel so good.

Kessie said...

Yep, I get to clean house and make bread today. I'm glad it's foggy, because it makes me want to stay inside and do house stuff. :-)

Farm Girl said...

I know, it makes everything seem cosier. I keep thinking of things I would like to cook.
It is just a good day for it. I am so thankful you guys get to be stay at home mommies.
It really is the best kind of job!
Have a good day!