Winter

Winter

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Batten Down the Hatches


Batten down the hatches, a storm is coming.
This morning that will be my chores, making sure,
all the chickens have enough food and water, and
making sure all of the things that will blow way won't.
I am going to have the boys haul wood from where it
is stored to the wood pile on the porch.

I love storms, in California. Not in say, Texas or
Oklahoma. Here I can choose to read the weather
report and if a few days pass well then no big deal
but in those other states you miss a weather report
and it can kill ya.

When the kids were small and we would go for a visit, to
my parents who lived in Oklahoma at that time. ( they live in heaven
now.)
every single year we got caught in Tornadoes. My daughter
who is married still has nightmares about them.

I haven't really been in that many earthquakes, but to
me they haven't been as scary as a tornado.

I hope you have a great Saturday. I am off to take care
of all of the outside stuff.

1 comment: