Winter

Winter

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Sunday Morning


I got a new hard disk for my computer for Christmas and I haven't learned how to get my pictures from there to here so I just picked a random picture out of my picture places and this is what I got. It is a good reminder that spring does come and that there again will be sunny days and flowers will bloom again and all will be well.
Today my thoughts stray to a couple of different things, I always have trouble with making New Year resolutions. I mean I have one that has been on the list for 20 years and it is to loose the 30 pounds that I carry around with me. I mean, if does keep me warm in the winter. That is always at the top of the list. Just ask Weight Watchers how many times I have joined.
This year in retrospect, 2009 was a year for us of great changes.
But today as I am not in deep thinking mode I will leave you with a few thoughts from my hero Elisabeth Elliot.
" Does our faith depend on having every prayer answered as we think it should be answered, or does it rest rather on the character of a sovereign Lord?"
"As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless."
(2 Samuel 22:31)

" My prayer is : Teach me to recieve thankfully those things in my life that cannot be changed."
" For I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content."
(Philippians 4:11)
No matter what you do today, be all there. Happy Sunday!

No comments: