Winter

Winter

Monday, December 14, 2009

Finally, I finished Something


One of the things I love about Christmas is doing crafty projects. I made these Christmas trees
and I just had to share them. I love working with wood, well, I love doing any kind of crafty thing.
I do like wood though, because it makes sense to me, you see a shape, you draw it on a piece of wood and you cut it out on a saw. Then you sand and paint it. I can do that.
This Christmas has been tougher to be creative. A week ago, last Monday, was my Mom's funeral and it was also my brothers father-in-laws funeral. I never expected them to die the same week, so it was a shock.
I feel like I have lived in a altered state of consciousness, for so long, it is hard to come back.
So this is my first step toward doing something creative. I even finished. I am not going to show the things I haven't finished, like the almost finished quilt pinned to my wall I was working on as my Mom got sicker and sicker and now I don't know if I will ever finish it.
So I just wanted to share a bit of my mental health barometer.
If feels good to be back.
Happy Monday!

4 comments:

Meg said...

Oh yay! I'm so glad you're getting back to normal. Doing the things you did "before" is a good sign. I love the trees! They're so cute!

Farm Girl said...

You are so nice Meg, I still think about your dream, the one you dreamed I was still sad, I never want to be still sad again.

Kessie said...

Oh, those came out so cute! I'm glad you're able to do crafty things again.

I thought all the quilt needed was the backing? Just finish it anyhow and give it to somebody, so you don't have to look at it anymore.

Collquest said...

Kim...
I haven't read your blog in a while...so sorry to hear about your loss! And if creativity is high on your mental health barometer then your doin' good girl...LOVE the trees!!