Winter

Winter

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Part 2


We had a wonderful night last night, a quiet evening with just kids and grand kids. I think by the time the boys have finished up with their other Christmases and other grandparents they are going to have this opening presents thing down really well.
Just because I need to keep my mind on the reason for this season, and not on all of the rest of the work I have left to do before the 26th, I have to put my mind back to Jesus.

"God came down and lived in this same world as a man. He showed us how to live in this world, subject to its vicissitudes and necessities, that we might be changed into saints in this world.
The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances."

" Almighty God humbled Himself, coming into the world like every other baby---through a mother's womb. Think of humility! He was saying, "Everything is the reverse of what it appears. But don't be afraid. I know what I'm doing."
(Elisabeth Elliot)
" But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone."
(Hebrews 2:9)
Merry Christmas Eve!!

No comments: