Winter

Winter

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tuesday Morning


No I don't have a single tree that looks like this, this is from last year. The tree this came from is still very green and pretty. I was just in the mood to see colored leaves. One of the things I am addicted to is lists. Give me 3 easy steps and I am a happy camper. So this morning, I ran across my favorite list in the Bible. It is in Thessalonians 5, the whole chapter is good but this list that is in it is even better.
1. See that no one repays another with evil for evil, but always see after that which is good for one another and for all men.
2. Rejoice Always;
3. Pray without ceasing;
4. In Everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
5. Do not quench the Spirit;

I think it is interesting in the order Paul has them, first, don't repay evil, then rejoice, then pray without ceasing, then give thanks for this is God's will for you. It is always hard but in the end when I follow the steps instead of reaching for the machine gun, I am good. It is just remembering to follow the steps.

Have a great Tuesday!

2 comments:

Meg said...

I woke up this morning and it was chilly again. I love this weather and hope it stays! I can't wait for everything to turn all the autumn colors. I think it is my favorite season.

Farm Girl said...

Me too!!