Winter

Winter

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thankful Thursday


I am always happy when Thursday rolls around. Even though a good part of my household is out the door by 7:00 am, I am more relaxed and when I am doing school, I don't have the feeling of we have to get this done and this done. On Thursdays, I can enjoy my jobs just for the joy of them. Today, I am thankful that the mornings are so cool. I am thankful that I have dogs to take for walks. I am thankful that I have this incredible book, that is full of love letters, written to me, from outside our time domain. I have a Father, who sent His son to die for me, so when times get hard, I can crawl up in His lap, and cry Abba Father.
I am thankful that God and maybe most of all today, that God did not give me what I asked for.
I am thankful that I still live in a free country, and we can criticize our elected officials and not go to prison. Notice I said elected, because that is how they got there. We the people did it. So we are responsible for it.
I am thankful that I am a wife, mother, grandmother and school teacher. I was thinking the other day, I am thankful that I have hands. Pretty important hands, I feed myself, and I can get dressed by myself, I can pet animals and pick up chickens and hold them. I can type this blog on a computer. I can pick up a cup with coffee in it. I can sew and I can cook and I can scrub floors and I can do laundry. So I am a pretty happy camper today.
That aside I have to add one more picture.

I love to sew, but I am not the best seamstress, I had found this really cute picture of a doll I wanted to make. So I made it. It didn't turn out like the picture but it was still kinda cute in a Dr. Seuss kind of way.
Yesterday, I went in to the living room and this is what I found.

See the doll with the pillow over the face? The kids all think she is scary, and think she is related to Chucky. I guess I will give up on the dolls and assign her to my hope chest where all of my other "scary dolls live." Have a great Thursday.!

No comments: