Winter

Winter

Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Peck of Picked Peppers!


I know lame, but it was nice to type out. This is what we picked on Saturday. Lots of peppers! We took out the tomatoes and the flowers. Rolled up the hoses and plowed things under. We still got our weekend 4 green trash cans filled. Now we just have two garden areas left. The peppers with the morning glories and the bed with the spices and the luffas and the bird house gourds. Which we won't take out until the frost kills the vines in the case of the bird house gourds they dry and mold; it is the mold that gives the birdhouse gourds the distinctive look. So sometimes I guess mold is good.

I thought I would feel sad because I have enjoyed this experiment so much. I am looking forward to just having a house to keep clean. Having all these areas to keep clean has kept me jumping. I think that is why for the first time in my life I am not afraid of it getting dark earlier and it getting cold and rainy. I think it will be nice to be in the house for awhile, I have been enjoying sewing so much.
I am looking forward to making Cinnamon rolls and all kinds of goodies.
Have a very restful Sunday

1 comment:

Kessie said...

Aww, you tore out all the flowers? What will the bees eat?

It's nice that you're looking forward to fall. I know I am. I hate being inside when the weather's nice, so I want bad weather so I don't feel bad about it.