Winter

Winter

Friday, September 18, 2009

Happy Rosh Hashannah!


I always wish I could celebrate the Jewish New Year, by making booths and living in the backyard for a week. I think it would be fun to spend the day getting ready and then at sundown start a real party. Well, Next year in Jerusalem!
Today, I thought I would share the things I have read this morning.
Now unto Him that is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, unto Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, without end. Amen (Ephesians 3:20-21)

I thought this was a important thought to keep in mind as I go about my day. I love the words exceedingly, abundantly above all we ask or think. I think that is such a good promise for today.

Expect great things from God, attempt great things for God. (William Carey)
I am not a great fan of William Carey, but I do like his saying. I never knew he was the one who said that until today. I think how I would say it if I was writing pithy quotes mine would be, Go out on the limb with God and watch what happens. :)

And then one of my favorites that I sang over and over when I was in labor with my kids. We had a old tape with Bible verses set to music that I had in my car and it still comes to me in times when I am scared.

" Whenever I am afraid,
I will trust in You."
(Psalm 56:3)

I got up this morning being so happy it was Friday, I just wanted to dance. Maybe I will think about a booth in the back yard after all. :) Happy Friday!

No comments: