Winter

Winter

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

New Crop of Sunflowers


I took this picture just so when it is cold this winter I can look at it and remember blue skies, and green leaves, and yellow flowers. This patch of sunflowers was just a experiment. We just took some seeds left over from a head that grew during the winter. They really had not even dried that much. We planted them and we got a patch of sunflowers even bigger that the ones we grew from packets of seeds we bought.

This is how it looks looking down the row. As I was standing out with the camera, I was aware of the buzzing in the flowers, then I saw that the flowers were full of bees. I don't know if it just because summer is on the wane or if the bees like this kind of flower. It was just so nice to stand there and watch the bees and listen to the sound of the buzzing.
Part of me wants to just sit in the middle of the flowers and spend the day in a fort.
Happy Wednesday!

No comments: